Neurology Community
just got my MRI back

they found some white spots and were afraid it was ms.. but in the end ( and I am very happy for that ) they said it wasn't.. my brain isn't getting enough blood and it was a severe headache they saw on the MRI.. the neurologist said it has to be severe before u see it.. and apparantly the white spots are blood vessels contracting??

they also found a cyste.. but they said I might be born with it and that it's not a problem...

can some one explain to me the white spots how that works?? and the cyste.. I have to wait for a while before i can ask questions to the neurologist and cardiologist.. and before they are going to run tests

just for the record.. I have been diagnosed with pseudotumor cerebri in the past.. but there are no signs of too much pressure now.. later I have also have been diagnosed with vasovagal syncope and orthostatic hypotension..

These white matter changes due to inadequate blood flow may be due to several factors affecting the blood vessels themselves.  Blood flow may be constricted due to problems with cholesterol levels, or blood pressure problems.  Heart conditions such as  valve problems may also throw emboli (small clots) that may lodge in the small blood vessels in the brain.  A cyst may be previous white matter areas that becomes organized, and most of these are present for a very long time.

Co-morbid conditions such as high cholesterol, blood pressure problems, and heart problems should be considered and ruled out.
Thank you Doctor for your quick response as always..

how serious is this? can they do something about it? and are these changes permanent in the white matter? once the blood flow is restored does it heal... ?