Aa
A
A
A
Close
Neurology Community
44.9k Members
just got my MRI back

they found some white spots and were afraid it was ms.. but in the end ( and I am very happy for that ) they said it wasn't.. my brain isn't getting enough blood and it was a severe headache they saw on the MRI.. the neurologist said it has to be severe before u see it.. and apparantly the white spots are blood vessels contracting??

they also found a cyste.. but they said I might be born with it and that it's not a problem...

can some one explain to me the white spots how that works?? and the cyste.. I have to wait for a while before i can ask questions to the neurologist and cardiologist.. and before they are going to run tests

just for the record.. I have been diagnosed with pseudotumor cerebri in the past.. but there are no signs of too much pressure now.. later I have also have been diagnosed with vasovagal syncope and orthostatic hypotension..

2 Responses
These white matter changes due to inadequate blood flow may be due to several factors affecting the blood vessels themselves.  Blood flow may be constricted due to problems with cholesterol levels, or blood pressure problems.  Heart conditions such as  valve problems may also throw emboli (small clots) that may lodge in the small blood vessels in the brain.  A cyst may be previous white matter areas that becomes organized, and most of these are present for a very long time.

Co-morbid conditions such as high cholesterol, blood pressure problems, and heart problems should be considered and ruled out.
Thank you Doctor for your quick response as always..

how serious is this? can they do something about it? and are these changes permanent in the white matter? once the blood flow is restored does it heal... ?

Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452919248
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1483811956
ON
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499305393
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease