Neurology Forum

Migraine?

Posted By Chris on April 20, 1999 at 09:40:13
I am a 35 year old female who was diagnosed with "classic" migraines about a year ago.  My symptoms were numbness on the right side of my face and in my right arm, and blurred vision followed by a severe headache on the right side of my head. My GP originally thought I may have had a mini stroke and sent me to a neurologist who just asked me a series of questions and gave me what seemed like a sobriety test and ordered no other tests and diagnosed me with migraines.  Since the headaches only occurred about once a year he thought that no further action was needed.   The other day I experienced the same symptoms only for a very brief period followed by a mild headache behind my right eye.  If the pain is not severe is this considered a migraine?  I was also diagnosed with TMJ and was told by that doctor that I was not experiencing migraines but rather symptoms of TMJ.  I had burning sensations at the back of my head and difficulty sleeping so he put me on 25mg of Elavil at bed time. Now that every doctor has told me something different I am really confused.  Should I be concerned?

Follow Ups:

Re: Migraine? CCF Neuro[P] MD, RPS 4/21/1999
(1)

Migraine? Chris 4/21/1999
(0)

Re: Migraine? Chris 4/20/1999
(1)

Migraine? CCF Neuro[P] MD, RPS 4/21/1999
(0)

Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease