Neurology Community
45k Members

Mini Strokes Tremors on Left Side

My boyfriend (37, 6'1", 195 pounds, healthy other than this) recently found out he has been suffering from mini strokes in his sleep.  The doctors state they are small vessel (they didn't mention ischemic or hemorrhagic so we don't know which).  He went to the doctor about a year ago because he was experiencing weakness on his left side.  Since then he has begun to have tremors in his left arm and leg which have progressively gotten worse.  

The muscle in his left arm is apparently contracting which happens especially at night.  The doctors ruled out a number of things from MS to Parkinsons but have made little effort into actually finding out what is causing his strokes.  I realize the tremors may be a side effect of the strokes; the strokes are what I find concerning.  The left side of his body does droop, his face especially, but these worsen, we're told, after he has a stroke in his sleep.  

He is also having word association problems when writing.  We've been keeping a running list of these (first column is what he wants to write, the second is what actually is written):

Just=Justing
Work=Thought
Both=Think
Can=Kind

Any insight into this is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Jennifer