Neurology Community
45k Members

Mini stroke?

the GP suggested i have had mini stroke.  i have weakness in right arm and leg. but  now im getting double vision. The leg has got bit stronger but not arm. cant grip anything.  am also getting spasms

History- Epilepsy,

recent mri in jan, - temporal sclerosis

in the past have had problems like balance, walking, swallowing and still do on occassions.

Hi there!

Well, a diagnosis cannot be made on the symptoms alone. The symptoms described could be seen both with mini-strokes/ MS, while the clinical improvement in TIA/ mini-strokes would be faster as compared to MS. The previous episodes of balance, walking and swallowing could or could not be related to neurological causes. I would suggest considering a detailed evaluation by a neurologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
ive heard that stroke can be diagnosed whenit is MS and with my symptoms im wondering