Neurology Community

Ms, lupus or other?

For the past year I've experienced neurological symptoms. Just prior to this, I began having migratory joint pain. Shortly after, pins and needles and numbness in my face and extremities ensued. I also had extreme fatigue, difficulty swallowing and heart palpitations, the sensation of difficulty breathing when lying down and constant muscle spasm in my legs and feet.

I've had a low platelet count for 7.5 years now, and a recent just barely low RBC.  I have a positive ANA.

Not sure if it's related but Just recently I've experienced lymph node pain, mostly in neck nodes and clavicle area and A mammogram/ultrasound has revealed several breast lumps, one that I've been told by a walk-in clinic dr. that should be biopsied....even though it is only classified as a Bi-rad 3.

My recent MRI (without contrast) results reveal approx. 15 scattered T2 hyperintense subcortical lesions in the subratentorial brain. The assessment of this test reads that these finding most commonly relate to small vessel ischemic disease. The distribution of lesions does not fulfill the criteria for MS but the possibility of demyelination as a cause cannot be ruled out.

The past month my symptoms have escalated and now include extreme muscle fatigue after climbing stairs. I can barely lift my arms above my head some mornings to complete hair-washing my muscles get so weak. My overall level of fatigue is something I've never before experienced. I have a very pronounce tremor of my right hand and am having short term memory issues. The muscles in my legs as times seem very rigid.

I would so very much appreciate any answers or suggestions that could be given. I meet with my family dr. in two days and am anticipating more stalling. For the past year, he's been suggesting that my symptoms are all in my head. I'm beyond frustration and so scared that my recent tests will somehow be disregarded. What would the normal course of events/testing consist of?

Thank you so much in advance for any and all answers.