Neurology Community

My father never stops talking.. please help

My father got a stroke twice but on different years. First was on October of 2008 and the second was on November of 2009. Thankfully, he recovered. But there are times,especially during the evening when he starts talking about things in the past, most of them are not familiar to us. Or sometimes he takes anything random as topic like pictures or any objects or words he hears. I'm worried because he never stops talking. Then, what worries us more is the next day, he starts being hot-tempered. What should we do during these times? He's also diabetic, does it have anything to do with low sugar? Please help.
test him on short-term memory, inside a normal conversation, without giving the impression you're running a test.

ask him about names and places that are more difficult to remember because they are more recent events or for example people he hasn't seen or talked about very often but you think he should remember in normal conditions.

the name of a friend of yours, the current date, day of the week. what he did in the morning.

anything that you think should be less fixed in his memory but still he should be able to remember.

low sugar can affect cognitive skills, give drowsiness, even panic attacks but not the symptoms you refer as I'm aware of.