Neurology Community
45k Members

My mom's mind is deterioration FAST!

My mother, 56, and a very intelligent teacher of nearly 30 years has in the last three years gone from coherent, and smart, to confused, with complete memory loss unable to remember a single conversation from one moment to the next.  
she was on anti depressants for years until 3 years ago when she had an intestinal surgery, after that she quit all pills, has been living by herself, and her problems have worsened so rapidly that she is unable to maintain a job, or even go to the grocery store, and eat on her own anymore! please help, I believe she can recover I just dont know what the next step is, I'm having major trouble getting doctors to see her because she is on medicaid.  

thanks, prescott