Neurology Community

Neck Pain

I started off with neck pain that migrated to lower back pain, that migrated to left hip pain, and now I have neck stiffness with left breast pain. The left breast pain is a new symptom that started about 3 weeks ago, but they
were mild darting pain thats comes intermittently, but now the pain is a little more constant. So what could be going on with me?
Hi there. These could be due to fatigue, stress and lack of sleep.  The other important disease that needs to be investigated is fibromyalgia. This is a common syndrome where people experience long-term body wide pain and tender points in joints, muscles, tendons and soft tissues.  Fatigue, sleep problems, headaches depression etc are other associations. Triggers of fibromyalgia are physical or emotional trauma, heightened response to pain due to different reaction to pain. Some conditions may be seen with fibromyalgia like chronic neck or back pain, chronic fatigue syndrome etc. the exact location of pain are called the tender points in soft tissue on back of neck, shoulder, sternum, lower back, hips, shins, elbows and knees. It is a deep aching, gnawing pain. Other symptoms can be tension or migraine headaches, numbness and tingling in hands and feet. Consult your neurologist for investigation and therapy would be according to the diagnosis. Hope this helps. Take care.