A
A
A
Close
Neurology Community
45.2k Members

Need ADVICE ! Vertigo/blackouts/loss of balance/ nausea

Hello,

I was wondering whether anyone could give me some advice. For the last four months I have been experiencing vertigo attacks, which are getting more severe and happening more regularly. At first I would just experience vertigo when moving my head to suddenly, but now it can happen at any time and last for minutes. In the morning when I wake up, I find it hard to get up, without falling back down. I end up having to force myself up right or wait till the room stops spinning.
     When I am having a severe attack I have noticed that I will blackout for a fraction of a second and lose my balance. The only way to describe it is that its feels like I am falling side wards as the room spins around me. As I said, it only lasts a faction of a second and I always manage to stop myself from falling over, but it is now happening more often.  I have also been getting headaches. One felt like someone had hit me over back of the head, it didn't last very long, but was very painful. Along with all these symptoms I have been also feeling sick and nausea that only lasts as long as the attack.
    I am not pregnant, on no medication and am only 29. I have been to my doctors but they didn't really pay much attention to my symptoms and just put it down to stress. I will admit that I have been going through a very stressful time, but I feel like this is more that. Could some one please give me some advice? When I try to google my symptoms I can never find one that matches what I am feeling.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452915648
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1483808356
ON
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease