Neurological Concern (Inner Tremor, Sleep Shakes) Mystery Illness

I am a 29 year old, white male in Michigan, USA.

As many visitors here might experience, I have had an array of unusual neurological symptoms over the past 8 months.  I have seen several doctors and specialists (including second opinions) to include neurologists, infectious disease docs, etc.  I have had pretty much every test under the sun (HIV, MRIs, EMGs, EEGs, Sleep Studies, Western Blot, and the list goes on and on) and everything has come back normal except for 1 and I will go into that further down.

Ok, so let's get on to my symptoms.  At times I have this feeling of an inner tremor of sorts.  It is real hard to explain to someone who hasn't felt it but I would correlate it to having an extreme feeling of a caffeine buzz.  I actually feel my entire upper body tremor internally for a period of time and then as mysterious as it appears it just goes away.  There is really no set schedule on when it comes and goes other than at night which I will get to next paragraph.  It thus far comes and goes randomly but appears to be coming on more frequently as of recent.  The odd thing is that if my wife touches my arms or stomach or chest, etc., she cannot feel a tremor type sensation, I only feel it internally.

Having said that, at very minimal times will I actually notice a difficulty holding my hands stable if I try to hold them in a certain, unrelaxed position.  For example - if I try to hold the phone to my head at just the right angle, sometimes my hands will tremble trying to hold it, but at other times, no problem at all.  I only have the problem when I have the internal tremor but most of the time I have the inner tremor I still don
I also have these symptoms: internal vibration that wakes me up from a deep sleep, and more recently a persistent eye twitch.  I noticed they began within one week after I had a Tdap tetanus booster.  Curious if anyone else can link their symptoms to an immunization.
Yes..i found after immunizations four years ago they started..
I've been having this for the past year or so, and it started out only happening occasionally when I'd wake up, but now it seems to be an almost constant thing. I've been trying to ignore it, thinking it'll go away on its own, but I'm thinking of going to the doctor or hospital very soon because it seems to just be getting worse. I've also noticed lately I have trouble standing sometimes, my balance is getting worse, and I get headaches often. I've also been getting dizzy spells (vertigo) off and on since I was 15 or so, and I had a few partial-onset seizures a couple years ago (which were undiagnosed and therefore untreated), so I'm starting to worry that there's really something wrong.
i know this is a old post but i to have the same problem and it is causing problems in my marriage as my husband thinks i am playing with myself and if i dont find out soon what it is i will be getting a divorce soon if anybody knows what it is please tell me
Hello Crystal,
I would be very very appreciative to know if anything you have done has cured you of the inner sleep tremors.  I too am positive to visual contrast testing, the only thing that is positve.  This tremor is ruining my life and the docs are clueless, at least the ones that I have seen.  They want to make it all mental.  It is not, tremors first, then after years of poor sleep and rude doctors, the anxiety.  It is all affecting my heart now.  Please any info, even if nothing worked, knowing what you have tried would help.  Many thanks and blessings.
D
I appreciate your 2 posts and maybe can offer some help to apply my experience with what I call wake-up tremor.
What caught my eye was your text:
However, as soon as my brain switched to 'fully-awake' mode, all signs of it would vanish.
I have been to neurologists, cardiologists, endocrinologists, ent, oncologists and have identified the cause of a seizure disorder which is also the cause of the wake-up tremor as sleep interference trains and planes random noise events from 1 to 30 a night. Sleep interference causes sleep deprivation, sleep awakenings, low quality sleep and non-regular circadian rhythms.
Have you been tested for hypoglycemia with the focus on food you mention?
I am not the person that usually posts on sites, but I hope that the information that I have will help find a possible cure..
I have been suffering with this same thing for about 6 Months.  It started with dizzy spells during the day, then I found myself waking up dizzy at night.  I thought it was an O2 issue and went to the doctor.  I did notice that during the visit to the ER my O2 kept dropping down to 90% at rest.  When moving around it went back to 98%.  This sparked several tests and several visits to the Dr and Hospitals.  I would have never known about this because no one else seems to care and says everyone’s oxygen is different.  
The tests that I have had that were all negative:
CT of lungs and brain
EKG ECG
Pulmonary testing
X-rays of abdomen and heart
Echo Cardiogram
Several types of blood tests
Thyroid, Sugars, and all the norms

I wore a halter monitor that showed that I have a small form of bradicardia that the cardiologist was not concerned about.

I basically exhausted the University of Chicago hospital.  They told me that we have tested you on everything we could think of, we cannot figure out why you are having these symptoms have a nice life...

A friend of mine turned me onto a homeopathic dr.
I have had these tests that have all come back poor..
Thyroid T3
Adrenal issues
Vitamin D
This DR feels that my vitamin D deficiency which is 32 is causing problems with my adrenal gland, in turn causing my thyroid to act up.  

I am on a vitamin D regiment, Gluten Free diet for a trial, and a pro-biotic pill.  I have been on this for two weeks and it seems my symptoms are getting easier.

I had been under tremendous amounts of stress just a few weeks before all of the symptoms started.  Stress adversely attacks your Adrenal functions.  If I read symptoms to adrenal issues most of them line up.  Especially the issues in the middle of the night.  If your problems are the same you probably are able to go right to sleep and problems start about 3-4 in the morning.  Then you are screwed for the rest of the night and fatigued the rest of the day..  

There is a lot of labs that you can get tests done off the internet.  Get the adrenal and vitamin D testing done.  If this lines up, maybe we are on to something..  I will repost if my symptoms continue to fade..
this sounds like exactly what is happening with me, WOW
Very informative post. I have some questions about vitamin D.
Much appreciated if you would be able to answer.
Is the vitamin D of the D3 type?
What is the dosage or daily intake in international units?
Any special requirements?
Ohh my goodness..I felt like I was reading my own log of symptoms! this has been me for yrs!! I cant get anywhere with answers. I did however this summer been nausous and throwing up almost daily since beginning of the yr migraines have increased I no keep the rash on my neck and arms, this summer was bad on my face stiffness and adema in feet and face. and the list just keeps going on. but the inner shakes are scaring me. Im having them more and more especially if I get wakened up immediatly and in the mornings.  I have seen 3 rhumeys this yr alone and a new neurologists I see her again in nov..if anyone has any other direction to go please leave a comment! I am getn deperate!! I want answers!!! thx Di
Sorry for the slow responce..

I am currently taking 5000 iu of D3 with K2 two times a day so far for a month and a half.  You should be carefull with vitaman D as it has bad effects if you over do it.  I am going back to Dr next week and assume he will be testing me again to see where i am at.  

Over the last short while it seemed as if i was getting over all the symptoms.  My ears started ringing off an on lately, but i can definately live with that..  

I recently started having issues again over the last couple of days.  I had some major stressors happen in my life and thing that this set me back some.  

Personally I am thinking that my issue is definately an adrenal fatigue issue as a small amount of stress causes a huge impact to my healing.  adrenal fatigue is causing my thyroid to drag down causing my body to slow down too much while i sleep. Thus having wierd sensations that go away after waking up and screwing up my day causing more stress that impacts my adrenal gland again to take a hit and stopping restoration.

I learned a few things about the homiopathicdr i am seeing.  He is an intermediate dr which means that he is a true medical dr that practices both natural and medical sciences.  He is in Crystal Lake near Chicago..  I guess he is a rare find.  

The goal is to get my Vit D where it belongs, stop worying about things so my adrenal gland can work again and get my thyroid back to normal.  I may need a little thyroid boost in the mean time..

Not sure if we can post email address..  
dee,

did you ever find anything out from John or any luck on your own?  I have same as well..  Just curious..
I have had the same thing happening to me for years.  As I am falling asleep or after asleep I get tremors in my upper torso.  The only way I can explain it is like a cold chill, but way more intense.  The more I try to stiffen up and clinch my hands to stop it the more intense they get.  Many nights my husband will wake me up and tell me I am shaking the whole bed.  I have stayed up crying before out of frustration.  I did go to a endocrinologist thought maybe sugar problem but not.  I didn't know I had it til I got married at the age of 24.  But before that I worked 2 jobs and went to bed after midnight most nights then up at 6 exhausted.  
I then went to a neurologist who ran a bunch of tests with lights, hearing, etc. and it did bring them on in his office lying down.  He sent me to sleep clinic who seen them but that night they weren't that bad (of course). They put me on Clonazepam which I have taken on and off for years (now 40).  It is now getting worse to where I cannot sleep. I go to the couch so I don't wake up my husband but that's causing problems.  I have researched this for years with no solution.  I am exhausted, sometimes irritated from not enough sleep. Ambien works most of the time but knocks me out.  I just want answers, not just taking medicines.  I am going to try another neurologist to see if there is anything new or tests he can run that I haven't done yet.
Hi there,  Did you get diagnosed?  My son had the same symptoms a couple years ago.  They thought it was MS but it turned out he had HLH with CNS involvement. (HLH is very hard to dignose and not alot of dr know about it) All my son's blood work kept coming back normal with every test but he had all the symptoms you noted in your post.  I would push the dr's and push them until you are comfortable with your results.  Good luck and keep me posted.
HLH usually has fever related to it. Was this one of the symptoms your son had?
I bought a pulse ox recorder off of ebay for 100 bucks. I can see where my o2 drops to 92 % after 4 hours of sleep. It is consistent almost every night. My o2 is normal otherwise. The doctor says it is not related. My pulse also slows to low 50s while sleeping at about the same time. Sometimes hits 48 49. Doc says it is ok. I am 44 and 50 lbs overweight. I don't know why pulse is so low.  
I am losing faith the vitamin d level is related. I am in same if not worse condition. Tremors now moving to chest and arms and feeling jumpy in day on a bad night. I asked for referral to Mayo Clinic. I need to know so I can live right again. I never feel well and sometimes feel sick. Seems like there is no answer.  
If someone wants to borrow this pulse ox recorder I would like to share results. Email me ***@****
hi toby1101

My wife and I thank you for your posts on tremor.
We started taking vitamin d3 in November 2013 and in December 2013
found the following we take 2 times a day(4000 i.u. of d3 per day):

w w w.nutricology. c o m /Vitamin-D3-Complete-Daily-Balance-w-A-K2-60-Fish-Gelatin-Caps-p-16698.html

It seems to reduce the wake-up tremor we experience around sleep at night.
There are two things I recommend you consider:

1. Restful and restorative sleep at the same time every night. No sleep
interference. Sleep interference causes sleep deprivation, sleep awakenings, low quality sleep and non-regular circadian rhythms.

2. Reduce vitamin d3 intake. According to the following expert the sensitivity
to vitamin d3 varies much from person to person especially if a person is
exposed to sunlight. The expert uses negative health effects and not blood level
of vitamin d3 to determine  too much vitamin d3. The expert is sensitive to many things.

vitamin d:
ctheblog.cforyourself. c o m /2008/12/overdosing-on-vitamin-d-side-effects.html
ctheblog.cforyourself. c o m /2011/11/vitamin-d-more-observations-on-sunlight.html

vitamin a:
ctheblog.cforyourself. c o m /2011/03/overdosing-on-vitamin-side-effects.html
I have an appt at Mayo Clinic on Feb 14th. I hope they can finally come up with the answer. I will repost either way. Wish me luck.
I've had the internal trembling for years (along with a variety of other symptoms). Mine primarily occurred in the hypnogogic state (falling asleep, or upon waking), and I also got the jerking in my sleep. I'd been diagnosed with some neurological issues through the years, so I suspected this was also neurological, or rather a "sensitive system". One neurologist said it was anxiety. The other low seratonin and to take more D and magnesium. The breakthrough for me was after reading and following the book UltraMind Solution by Dr. Mark Hyman, which is functional medicine (a cross between Western medicine and Naturopathy).  I highly recommend reading this book, or possibly one of his other books if you're not having any emotional/mental issues as well. I no longer have the trembling, or the other symptoms I had - as long as I keep my nutrition good, get to sleep prior to 10PM, and take certain supplements. I suspect the supplements that helped the most for the trembling was OTC Gaba, as it erased a lot of other symptoms I had as well. In case it wasn't that, for the record, I'm also taking Ashwaghanda and 5-HTP, the former which helps with anxiety and adrenal fatigue, and the latter with low seratonin. Best wishes to you all in finding health and balance in your lives.
I wanted to add to my last post, after reading your post sjb183, that I had all of your symptoms and diagnosis as well, including epilepsy. I don't know the exact cause, only that I had to maintain better health. Everyone is different, and I'm not "cured", but I thoroughly believe the inner trembling and other weird symptoms and/or diagnosis are our bodies telling us we're out of balance somewhere in our lives. Sometimes just better diet/exercise/reduced stress/and making changes in our thinking can help, but we often we'll also need supplements or even pharmacology. Myself, I got off seizure and all other types of meds as they caused a host of problems in and of themselves, but alas I'm still taking supplements. I hope my systems will strengthen enough in the future to eliminate them as well.

toby1101  
Feb 23, 2014
I got home Friday from Mayo. My sleep study was a fail. I never had an episode so it was not recorded. They had extra sensors tied to my head to try to determine what areas the issues were developing from. This was discouraging as this was going to be a great help.
Here is what the doctor said.
#1 Indeterminate spells
#2 Obstructive sleep apnea
#3 Insomnia
I met back with Mr. Blankenship to discuss results of his polysomnography, which is summarized separately. The study was done for two reasons, first and chiefly to explore his unusual nocturnal spells of somatosensory symptoms, which on clinical grounds would be most consistent with a hypnagogic somatosensory phenomena. What is somewhat unusual for that diagnosis is the prolonged duration of many of the symptoms, which are also of a peculiar dysesthetic quality. In any evident, there is no evidence for an organic primary sleep disorder to provoke the symptoms. On practical grounds, it would be sensible to continue to offer him symptomatic therapy, and he has benefited from amitriptyline thus far, started by his primary physician. I discussed with the patient that further titration of amitriptyline could first be attempted under the supervision of his primary physician, and if that is ultimately ineffective or still producing suboptimal results, a therapeutic trial of gabapentin could be offered in the same fashion. Dose ranges for amitriptyline typically effective for relief for dysesthetic type symptoms would be broadly in the 10 to 100 mg nightly range. When he started too high at first, he encouraged some side effects, so titrating by 10 mg increments would be reasonable, probably every two to four weeks, with a goal dose in the broad 50 to 100 mg nightly range. The lowest effective dose should be used. If adverse effects, such as dry mouth, constipation, dizziness, or carryover sedation in the morning results, the dose should be lowered as appropriate to eliminate such effects. Gabapentin could be used in an analogous fashion, starting with doses between 100 and 300 mg at night, and titrating by 100 to 300 mg increments as needed and tolerated, to achieve doses in the 1200 to 1800 mg nightly range. If he benefits from this but needs higher doses, he could be switched from gabapentin to pregabalin (Lyrica), dosing between 50 mg and 300 mg q.h.s. as needed and tolerated, titrating by 25 to 50 mg increments every two to four weeks as needed. Similarly, prescription Zolpidem or eszopiclone (Lunesta) could also be offered if disturbance maintenance insomnia symptoms continue. A helpful approach instead would be to try behavioral measures for psychophysiologic insomnia, including avoidance of watching the clock, getting up out of bed and avoidance of lying sleepless in bed for more than 15 to 20 minute intervals, going out to the living room to pursue quiet, distracting activities, such as reading or television watching, and avoiding work or daytime type activities, such as computer work or work-related tasks. Cognitive behavioral therapy and relaxation therapy measures could also be applied.
The patient appears adequately treated at his current prescribed nasal CPAP pressure. He did well with adjustments of nasal CPAP in the range of 10 to 11 cm.
Last, unfortunately, no seizures or spells were recorded during the polysomnogram, so while their nature remains uncertain, the empirical approach outlined above could be helpful to the patient for symptom control. I reassured him there is no evidence for a primary sleep disorder, such as a parasomnia, or for nocturnal epilepsy, given the absence of interictal epileptiform discharges throughout the night. Obviously, the absence of such evidence does not absolutely preclude the possibility of nocturnal epilepsy, so if the patient's disturbing spells continue, he could be considered for referral to the Epilepsy Clinic and prolonged video EEG monitoring, or at very least should have a thorough neurological examination and consultation. However, I suspect this will be unnecessary with reassurance and the empirical approach outlined above.
We have not scheduled additional follow-up in the Sleep Clinic at this time. If additional advice is sought from a sleep medicine perspective, he could certainly be referred back to us.

toby1101  
Mar 11, 2014
My TSH is 2.5. My T3-T4 were at the low end.
I have an update on Mayo. My ferritan level was way high. I have iron overload. Diagnosis below. Reading about iron overload it may be my issue. I need to donate some blood to get iron levels down and see.
Iron overload messes with thyroid and adrenal glands. Also can cause issues with nerves. Hmm

HFE: C282Y: Homozygous. Two copies of the C282Y mutation. H63D: Not detected. This result confirms the diagnosis of or predisposition for hereditary hemochromatosis (HH).
RECOMMENDATIONS
Dr. DE GROEN (GI)
Start phlebotomies every week or every other week. Goal: iron sat <50; ferritin <50. Measure those after 8 and 16 phlebotomies. Before each phlebotomy measure Hb. If <11 skip a session. Once down, 4-6 maintenance per year. Close follow up with local providers recommended.
Amatriptyline is my savior. You only need 10 mg and it reduces the issue enough you can sleep. I think it is helping me get better as well.
check your thyroid, i have Hashimoto's hypothiroidism and it gives me those inner tremors that are very bad.
check your thyroid, i have Hashimoto's hypothiroidism and it gives me those inner tremors that are very bad
i'm a 61 female and have all the same issues you described. nothing ever shows on tests. i do have fibromyalga and so far there isn't a doctor i've been to that has been able to tell me what this is.
I think i have finally found my answer. I have hemochromatosis. My ferritin level is over 1000. This attacks internal organs especially thyroid and adrenal. My hematologist claims it can cause my tremor issue.   I have to give blood until my iron gets to normal range. It is genetic disorder. 1 million people have it. Just have to give blood now and again. Hope this is it!  Another person on another site also found the same. Will know in about a month i suppose.
I woke at 4:21AMwith a heavier inner tremor.  Thinking perhaps medications have caused this "vibration" I got on computer and started searching.  Have had EKG with family doc, recently saw a local cardiologist. "Its NOT your heart".  I can feel my pulse at a normal rate.  This started in 4/14.  It happens  as I wake. subsides, disappears  when I get up.
I am 77 and in reasonably good health tho 30 lbs overweight. I take meds for arthritis, GERD and cholestal , anestrolzole following B C. surgery in 8/13. I take one a day vit., D3, Biotin, Glucosamine/chon. Recent bunion surg has prevented regular exercise, Should be okay soon. Normaly excercise 5 days a week alternating  water exercise with Silver Sneakers classes, take painting classes, belong to a poetry group, Red Hats, recently took 4 classes in researching genealolgy so my brain is not idle.
I am amazed at the number of people who share these hard to diagnose symptoms. Will get busy on nutrition since I am addicted to sugar.
Tom,
Have you got rid of the shakes yet?. I have had it for 16 months and it is driving me nuts. I take Propranolol (have cut down from 20mg to 15mg a day) and have tried to just take 10 but then the shaking gets worse. I want to get off the tablets altogether. Don't know what it is but am ok during day. Only affects me at night and sometimes when I am watching tv sprawled on sofa or reading a book, although these instances have lessened I hope. Would really like to find some encouragement from other sufferers.
Take care
Lydia
Lyme disease?
I came across your post, i get tremors everynight and my full body shakes and i am unable to sleep. Were you able to find a reason for the tremors, were you able to get treatment, its really so scary and makes me anxious about my body. Please reply. Thank you
HI Patti,

I was reading your post and i am going through this same thing which is a real nightmare, just wanted to know did the vitamins cure you completely? (hope so). what type of vitamins did you take. I get tremors all the time but when i lie down they are so strong and really upset me. Please let me know. Thanks
Dear Bartley,

I have exactly the same problem you have and the same feelings, please advise if you succeeded in getting rid of those terrible tremors. I have seen over 25 doctors with no luck. thanks Jen
John,

Please let me know the good news you had about treating internal tremors, need help. Thanks
hi tom...ive been suffering from the same condition exactly and two days ago was just prescribed propanol but ive been too scared to take it but after reading this im going too.....how are you doing now...?
I do believe that these inner tremors are caused by stress, toxic buildup, diseases and or static electrical procedures at hospitals EKG Stress Test etc.  I am no doctor but I have been suffering with this problem and have noticed that when I sleep earlier like 8pm instead later I notice it is a lot less severe or bailey noticeable when I wake.  I also take 1 vitamin pill and a half glass of water before bed which seems to help too.  I still haven't come up with a solid solution yet and have recently tried a 3 day water fast that didn't help with the tremors.  I am going to attempt a 3 Dry fast to see if that will rid it.  Also going to try 1 mile a jogs a day a few hours before sleep.  If anyone has any solid solutions please share!!!!!!
Been researching and it seems like I might give Chinese medicine a go!!!! tryhttps://sites.google.com/site/tcmstudentweb/home/herbs-ii/substances-that-extinguish-wind-and-stop-tremors.
I'm new here. My symptoms are the same, and the medical establishment has done the same to me.  I think I know the cause for me.  My story is very acute.  Two weeks ago I was doing alright and then a train wreck, looks like its gonna cost me my marriage.  Yep, train wreck.  More importantly.

Success last night!!! Finally a bit of real sleep.  As soon as I went to bed, the tremble began.  I couldn't take it, so I got up grabbed my iPad and entered "I tremble when I rest" into the browser. It brought me to all of you.  Early in someone suggested magnesium/zinc. I took 266mg/10mg, respectively. I stayed on my feet for 15-20 minutes and laid back down. Gone!  

As I lay there with my ear on the pillow I hear the rapid tick, this time I didn't turn my head to make it go away.  I just listened, then I took a deep breath,exhaled and it slowed to a snails pace.  I bet it was slow enough that I could count the ticks, but I never got the chance.  It Stopped!

The tremble returned this morning, but today was the first day in two weeks I was able to function before 10am.  I was doing okay as soon as I got out of bed.  No issues bed this morning either.

I could not feel tremor today until I was sitting and had my fingers in my mouth.  Specifically, against my teeth, ever so faint, there it was.  I tried to tune in to it again a few hours later in the same manner but couldn't pick it up.  I am by no means out of the woods.  

Here is my story.  I drink more water than most people.  About a month ago, I began to drink even more water.  Two Sundays ago, midday, I was napping when I noticed my heart rate was picking up speed, its about 57-59 resting.  By the time I put my HR monitor on I was at 162 bpm.  EMS, hospital over-night. The following week was hell.  Full  of dizzy spells, irregular heart beats up/down, nausia, death warmed over.

I vacated my house thinking mold.  The next day I was better until the evening.  That was my first tremor.  I was on my way to my cardiologist (incidently, he said my heart is in good shape), I called with some symptoms and he directed me to the ER.  The results of the diagnostics were the same as yours.  Diagnosis, Anxiety/panic attacks.

I slept at a third location for several nights--so its not mold spore.  

Today, I've taken supplements.  Between the first and second attempts to find the Tick against my teeth, the only thing I consumed was a small bottle of mineral water.

Both times when I was in the hospital, my potassium was low.  Remember from school, the sodium-ion pump?  We are  basically a chemistry set wrapped in skin.

Here is what I believe happened to me.  Drinking excessive water over time, I depleted the vitamin and mineral stores in my body.  When I ran out of a certain something or combination of somethings, my heart reacted, then the rest of my body.  I've had the tremble for a week.

So, now I have limited success magnesium/zinc both last night and today.  But, if its not enough to mange the tremble and build up a storage supply, the tremble will just come back.  And of course, that's only two of many  minerals I need to restock.

So, since yesterday, I only drink enough fluids to keep my urine pale yellow.  If clear, I can't tell if I'm over-hydrating or not, so I accept slightly dehydrated.  I was not taking my multi-vitamin lately, so I bought both it and a multi-mineral today, along with the mineral water.

I felt pretty good all day, just as I write, I feel it in my chest so I will attend to that.

I would appreciate anyone's thoughts and insights. 9sorry if this is posted twice, I'm blog challenged)
I am convinced (at least in my case) this tremor is the result of mineral deficiencies.  I experienced the symptoms as most of you described for about a week. What a terrible experience. When  I had success with the magnesium/zinc, I figured that was part of the solution and not just a temporary aid.

I believe I was over-hydrating and depleting my body of minerals.  

Now, I drink only enough fluids to keep my urine slightly yellow. That is consideired to be slightly dehydrated.  If it's clear, I can't tell if I'm over-hydrated. I'm taking a multi-mineral, multi-vitamin, potassium and magnesium/zinc.   With the exception of last night (I forgot, but no relapse) I've been taking the magnesium/zinc.  I'm also drinking San Pelligrino mineral water, it has the highest mineral content (best deal at Trader Joes)

My symptoms are all gone now, I feel back to normal.  Actually, I stopped drinking caffeine and alcohol too.  I feel better than normal, I'm not sure if the latter two have any impact, but I didn't want to put anything bad in me till I felt better.

Buy a book to make sure you don't go toxic on the minerals.  I think your body can handle a lot, with the exception of potassium. Do you homework and be safe. If I can help, ***@****
So very helpful. Balancing Minerals and water intake.
Hi,I experience all of those  symptoms mentioned here on site, first docs were saying its anxiety/depression, there are months horrible but then wears off to come back again, amitriptiline helps but in a few months so im even not sure how much exactly it does the job,once treating anaemia(iron only) helped just slightly,once they suspected parathyroide problem(but specialist refused to see me and only adviced doctor to give me 3 months calcium treatment,recently reumatologist gave me diagnosis of fibromyalgia.im 49 and symptoms were ongoing and changing their variety and wideness since i was 42 when i also had serious vision dizz headaches and migraines and periodes of  absence ..but eeg did not confirmed suspected epi..either.
What i personally think this is progressing in one way or another and i suppose this is a defensive mechanism of my body responding to something bad creating like eg cancerous,like it would have developed already till now IF my organism did not fight, but is fighting on all different fields neurologically,etc. This finromyalgia syndrom(a group of symptoms) is in my opinion and experience(how does it feel like) ONLY  masking up some underlying real cause.i wish i could tell more but dont know anything yet.
For 10 years I have had tremors that lasted hours and stayed for months. Dizziness, foggy brain, headache, burning in chest and across arms. Symptoms happen day and night.Rest helps, stress makes it worse. Sometimes they stop for months but over time are more severe. Now episodes are sudden onset and acute. ER vists a waste of time and money. HAve developed abnormal blood results over past 3 months - high white cell  count, lymphocytes low, prone to infections. No fevers, just sweats. Latest episodes include difficulty breathing and almost a fugue state where I care not to speak, just stare into space. Referred to oncologist. Could be leukemia or lymphoma. Resigned to let it evolve. 63 years old
It's Lyme disease and its nefarious co-infections. Period. Lyme disease is also known as "The Great Imposter." It can mimic every single autoimmune disease, including MS and PD and go undetected from the majority our modern technology because it's an intracellular survivor and it's malevolent like that.

I have all the same symptoms (and some) aforementioned above and only acquired them after I was bitten by an infectious tick. Many people don't remember being bitten, but guess what, you were. So, now you have to eradicate it from your body and/or, put it in remission. I recently started Stephen Buhner's Lyme protocol, in which I provided a link below. It's going to take time, but I'll get there. I know it.

Most of the symptoms people are describing are post-Lyme-disease-symptoms. The majority of people here are dealing with Bartonella and Babesia, which are Lyme co-infections. I suggest you take a look at this website... if you want to live: http://buhnerhealinglyme.com/
hi! I have exactly the same things. I understand how you feel it is simply terrible and makes you exhausted. I am just wondering how are you feeling now and if you could give some advise what to do in this case to make it better.
I have had this for three years. Stress is a trigger so calm down it is not life threatening. I have been to Mayo clinic and exhausted every test. This is like high blood pressure. Some people have it some don't. I am taking clonazepam and sleep like a baby. I have been on every diet and supplement but the issue gets better and worse all the time so you get tons of fals identifiers. Stress is what started my issue. So it is going to take a mind set that this is not serious so your body can heal. When you wake and stress, smile. Your body reacts to muscle position in your face and it will falsely make you feel better. Read the book Blink. It really works. Clonazepam will keep you sleeping and will take the tingling away. You still tremor but can easily go back to sleep. I take 4 mg at 8 pm. Have to work up very slow .5 mg at a time for a week each increase or it will kick your *** the next day. Very few side effects. Little groggy in the morn.
Stop worrying!  
hi, i have all syntoms you have described.  i think  that all our syntoms are the results of vibrations. i have have many cars near my home and many are tuning speakers ( more powerful ) and they produce low frequency sounds... vibrations. we all feel these not natural frequences. i'm italian, am a dr and i'm studyng about this problem. it's not ansiety caused but cause ansiety.  i'm sure that our problem is caused by infrasound. how many of you have some source of low frequencies? disco, hi fi car? home theather? something similar... sorry for my english and good luck to everyone :)
hi again. maybe i have not well explained my hypothesis. i feel tremors in all my body at night because of the muscle relaxing and i feel it less or nothing when i stand (because of the muscle tone). moreover, i feel this tremors only when i can ear some kind of low noise that is produced by the hi fi car of the guys of my neighborhood. really. otherwise i feel very well. when i ear that noise and when i vibrate i have some pain and general discomfort, burnig legs, dizzines, chills and i'm very cold also now that hare is summer!  there are a big scientific evidence that vibrations blame all these syntomes. in fact, there are infrasounds weapon. So, i can give you my phone number or my email but you can check your home and neighborhood to find the presence of that vibrations. i hope this can help you.
My inner tremor started 6 weeks after toe surgery. It took 5 years to get rid of it after doctors all would tell me it was anxiety. If it was anxiety, how come Xanax made it worse? I got better on my own when I started trying to eat healthier, stayed off any meds and was never properly diagnosed. I do remember that I had a metal pin that had to stay in my foot for six weeks, and bored at home, I would prop my foot next to my computer and surf the net. I often wonder if I had electric activity in my body from that. Five years I suffered with it. So glad it is gone now as sometimes I would be so pale that I though I would not pull through. My inner tremo was mostly upper body, and during sleep of any kind including naps during the day. If I changed positions at night, the tremor felt like it was shifting to that side. It was strange and I am so glad it is gone. No thanks to one single doctor.
I feel like I have been reading my own story.

For about 9 years I had inner tremors in the core of my body, in my trunk that were so unexplainable, that I didn't even know how to describe them to anyone.  But it felt like my insides were being shaken rapidly, minutely, and everything inside would feel sooo unstable, like something was going wrong.  This is on top of a multitude of symptoms, many of which are neurological, which all started suddenly in 2006 and with a rapid escalation of symptoms.  I had been basically limited to a recliner most of the the time.  Any exertion, such as even trying to walk to the sidewalk in front of my house, could make everything so much worse.   Even though no one will diagnose me with Lyme's disease, even though the results were suggestive, I do still entertain the possiblity as we were in a tic infested area without knowing it, and they were all over the dog, on the kids, etc.

One of the issues I discovered, which doctors did not believe  me, is that I need massive doses of Methyl B12 every day.  Usual dosage is  3 mcg/day.  My dosing ended up being upwards of 30,000 mcg/day.   I spent 8 of those years trying to convince doctors that I needed this.   Finally I gave up, had my genome mapped by 23&me and had put my data through genetic genie for the methylating information.  Long story short, found the smoking gun.  I have a homozygous defect (which is the worst kind) that makes my body use up methyl B12 so rapidly, it necessitates massive supplementation every day.

A methyl B12 deficiency will cause all sorts of problems, including neurological.   I had gone for long periods without it trying to convince the doctors, but because I absorbed B12 fine and standard testing revealed normal levels, they ignored the evidence I kept trying to present to them, evidence from the labs they themselves would order.  Now, with this new evidence they couldn't ignore it any longer.  So, for now, they know I need this and it helps to stabilize things a bit, but by itself it is not enough.

However, what has prompted me to add my experience to this discussion is that last year I stumbled across something that has changed almost everything, in hopes it may help others here.

What I stumbled onto was research that has been ongoing world wide, that suggests that aging and disease is at the most basic level caused by mitochondrial dysfunction. Mitochondria are the power plants of the cell.  They normally produce ATP and ADP for power for the cells to use.  Enough ADP and ATP help the nucleus to do its thing, for the of the parts of the cell to do their thing, and for them to communicate properly with the nucleus, and other cells.    As we grow older, and/or due to other assults on the body, the mitochondria stop working properly and begin to degrade and we can no longer put out the ADP and ATP at the abundant levels we did when we were young.

One such research study was done at Harvard by Dr. Sinclair, who has been looking for the fountain of youth.   What he discovered a few years ago was truly remarkable.   He looked at the effect increasing something called NAD+ in mice would have on their cellular age.  

This is being rather simplistic, but he took 2 year old mice, looked at the cellular age markers, then gave them a supplement that would increase the NAD+ by putting it their water.  He then checked their cellular age markers a week later and they were now those of 6 month old mice.

In 2014 he was name one of Time's Top 100 people of the year in 2014 (I think it was) specifically for this research.

Out of that research has come a special form of Vitamin B3 called nicotinomide riboside, and a pharmaceutical company was formed to manufacture it.  It is only available under the name of Niagen, and has been licensed to companies such as GNC, Live Cell Research, and a few others.  You cannot get it that I know of outside of the brand name Niagen, which is even available on Amazon, which is where I first purchased it.  Preliminary human studies show that it increases NAD+ in humans the same way NAD+ was increased in the mice.

I decided to try it.  For me, since my symptoms were like having CFS, Fribo, and MS all rolled into one, the results were immediate.  10 minutes after taking the first capsule, I felt like someone had plugged me into a nulcear power plant.   This is the first time I had felt this in 9-10 years.   (And one of the other methylating defects interfers with my ability to produce ATP/ADP.)

As long as I take it regularly, my life is almost normal.   I still need the massive does of methyl B12.   But I notice that unless I don't take these two supplements, the inner tremors and feelings of instability, among many other things, are gone.

I hope this may help someone else out there.
hope this may help ... read all comments.
Latent Tetany Syndrome from magnesium deficiency.
http://www.easy-immune-health.com/fibro-causing-vibration-in-body.html
Wow - I am SO glad that I found this blog.  I have felt so alone and helpless over the past six months.  

I returned from Cambodia in March sicker than hell.  Besides being careless with the water and what I ate over there, I also got bit by something that left a red circle around it.  It all started with diarrhea then evolved to flu like symptoms, severe internal shaking / convulsions, profuse sweating, weakness and pins & needles in limbs, burning throughout body, extreme joint pain (like fire),major tachycardia (racing heart), and CONSTANT vibrating in my limbs.

I have spent thousands of dollars on Emergency room visits, top UCLA doctors who don't have a clue, and hundreds of tests including a spinal tap & MRI's.  Nothing.  The only thing the doctors saw was a high ANA (anti nuclear antibody) number and an excess of vitamin B6 in my body.  

And every doctor has a different opinion:
Neurologist - this is "post viral neuropathy"
Rheumatologist - this is Fibromyalgia
Infectious Disease - "See a Neurologist"
Wellness Chiropractor - this is metals toxicity
Chinese Doctor - the virus is still in your body

I am currently on MANY vitamins, Propranolol for the tremors and tachycardia, amitryptaline for depression & nerve issues, and Gabapentin for the nerves.  Nothing has eradicated the vibrations in my limbs, although some days are better than others.  And some days I have just had enough and wonder where to go from here.  

Thank you for listening.  Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.
Have you taken Ciprofloxacin for any illness before, during or after your travels? Look up fluouroquinolones. And how they affect the body.  You could be "floxed"  
I have been experiencing tremors for four years..just before waking and first few minutes its verging on seizure with my head feeling  like its stuck in a vice..i recieved a whole heap of vaccines for work four years ago..im really suspect on this as the cause as i felt horrible all day everyday for 12 months afterwards and fine prior.

ive spent years taking every conceivable vitamin mineral remedy and  find a couple of cups of chamomile tea before bed is .very relaxing..and sometimes stops it...i also find staying clear of any gluten helps i dont know why though..has anyone else ever had any jabs?
yes