Neurology Community
45k Members

Neurological cause for joint pain?

Too many back surgeries have left me with Arachnoiditis, which I understand quite well, and thanks to modern medicine, I can manage the pain.  I can mark of those symptoms like entries on a bad grocery list.  There is one symptom that effects my entire body that I don't understand, and after running the standard and not so standard Rheumatoid panels, my doctors don't understand either. I don't have osteoarthritis either. What I seem to have is a joint issue that began with my knees sub-locating in my sleep, but I am now experiencing a similar pain in my shoulders, elbows, and finger joints.  I don't spend much time of the computer anymore, but the slightest thing can cause aggravation that lasts for days, even weeks, and never totally goes away. I now get help with dressing and bathing because the motion of putting on a shirt can make things worse. Can joint pain be caused by a neurological issue?  Any idea of where I might go for answers? Any ideas at all would be helpful.  I don't know where to post my questions anymore.
looks like I stuttered, sorry I didn't mean to post this twice,  but if anyone knows any reason I should have all of these joint problems, please comment.  I will research anything you can give me to think about.  I think I neglected to mention that I have a double fusion in my neck as well as my L1,2,3,4,5,S1 mess.