Neurology Community
45k Members

Numbness of left arm?

I have been having numbness of my left arm for some time now, a few months off and on. It feels like the arm is asleep, that tingle/numb sensation you get. I had an MRI done of the brain about 1-2 years ago so not sure if I should go in again. My lips felt numb today at work for no reason in addition to my arm. I am 41, female and do have existing conditions related to my smoking. Copd, High bp, among other things. Not sure if I should see a doctor about this or not. Nothing else seems wrong. I do have a blood aunt who died of Myasthenia Gravis.
Your condition could be caused by a variety of diseases, including cervical spondylosis, herniated disk, cervical radiculopathy, etc.  Prior to getting another MRI, it would be better to consult a neurologist first to be properly assessed for your symptoms.