I have what is believed to be persistent genital arousal disorder. None of the doctors are certain, but I am certain it is ruining my life. Is there anything I can do for a little relief from the symptoms. Can someone suggest what type of doc to see. I have seen my primary, a gyno, a uro and a neuro. Help please!!!!
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
1711789 tn?1361308007
Hi there!

There are a few medications that might be helpful with PGAD such as antidepressants, anesthetics, hormonal therapy etc. Psychotherapy/ cognitive therapy or nerve blocks may occasionally be required. You may consider seeing a neurologist or a psychiatrist for appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Helpful - 0
Avatar universal
Hello, I don't know if you are still struggeling with this horrible condition, I have it and it's horrible, if we can get in touch and help each other it will be so helpfull
Helpful - 0
Avatar universal
Research is suggesting that Leuprolide therapy seems to be successful in treating this. Please reference https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4623662/.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Neurology Community

Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452915648
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1483808356
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease