Aa
A
A
A
Close
Neurology Community
45k Members

Paresthesia

I am a 35 year old male from India.  My condition started with my left leg falling asleep around calf and foot.  This started on the 04/24/08 the day after I learned the I will be layed off in a month.  Mentioning this because it caused a little bit of stress.  Then the tingling/crawling feeling started in my left forearm, face (particularly around upper lip/nostril area), and scalp.  I saw my internist. He asked for some blood test and did some motor test.  The motor tests were ok.  The blood test showed low Vit D levels.  He prescribed 50,000 IU capsule once a week for 8 weeks.  As soon as I took the first dose that stopped my leg from falling asleep.  Also when I wake up in the morning my legs do not have any numbness anymore.  However,  I still have tingling in upper lip/nostril area and scalp that comes an goes.  It is not painful, feels like something is crawling on the skin.  A few times a day, I also feel sharp pain in my fingers.  Also some times, I feel pain jab simutaneosly in my pectoral muscles or ribs and legs (what's the correlation).  Also lately, if I keep my hand on the key board for extended periods I feel slight muscle twitch in shoulder or any strained muscle.  No muscle weakness, vision, or balance problems.  Most consistent is tingling in scalp....very annoying.  I am freaking out that it may be MS or some other neurological problem.  The paresthesia is more present if I am under stress.  I am thinking it may be a combination of anxiety and low Vitamin D. Can someone please inform me what kind of paresthesia is experienced in MS?
1 Responses
Hello saifk01,

It seems that you have associated with Vit D deficiency which is actually precipitating the neurological symptoms. I suggest consider assessment of serum calcium. It is unlikely that it is MS and continue with Vit D. It would take a couple of months for the results to be evident. However, consider checking up with the neurologist assessment.

Best
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452919248
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1483811956
ON
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499305393
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease