Neurology Community
45k Members

Pediatric Syrinx?

I am attaching an image of my 3-year old daughter's MRI.  She was diagnosed with Chiari Malformation, but only one dr. remarked about the possibility of a syrinx in her spine.  That dr. is in NY, we live in Ca.  I'm trying to determine if she has a syrinx in her cervical/thoracic spine.  If you can look at this image and tell me if you see anything, I would so appreciate it.

Her symptoms are: headaches that wake her up at night, they are worse in the morning.  Eye pain, trouble eating, trouble speaking, gagging/choking, strange sensations in arms, trouble potty training, nausea, toe walking.  These are intermittant, the headaches and eye pain being the worst and most persistant.

[IMG]http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd197/mamma23_01/syrinx20003.jpg[/IMG]

I do have an appointment next week with a neurosurgon, but I'm antsy to see if this looks like a syrinx.

Thank you so much.

Hi, Im sorry to hear about your daughter. I looked at the mri and cant realy tell if she has a syrinx. the head and eye pain is typical of arnold chiar. The gagging, choking, and strange sensations in her arms could very possibly be a syrinx. If you havent already found it there is a great online support group for acm they have been very helpfull to me and They can refer you to a specialist near you.

http://www.pressenter.com/~wacma/