Pineal Cyst MRI intrepretation

I recently received MRI results that stated  that I had a large 7.6 cm cyst centered in the pineal region, likely representing a pineal cyst, although the unusual cystic neoplasm in this location is not excluded.  Mass effect is noted on the aqueduct of Sylvius, although no hydrocephalus is demonstrated.  

Cyst follows CSF signal intensity on all sequences and does not demonstrate diffusion restriction.  There is minimal peripheral enhancement of the cyst wall although no solid component is identified.  

Can someone please interpret this?  In all my readings I haven't found a pineal cyst the same size as the one reported in my findings.  
Thank-you for any input you can provide.  
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
7.6cm sounds very, very big...did you see the copy of the radiology report to double-check that it does, indeed, say 7.6cm, rather than 7.6mm? I'm a little shocked that there's no hydrocephalus with something that large; peripheral enhancement is expect with a cyst (meaning the walls of the cyst are showing up lighter than the actual inside of the cyst). Given that no calcifications or other solid components were noted in the cyst, that bodes well for you. The only concern lies with the mass effect on the aqueduct of Sylvius. What has your neurologist/neurosurgeon said about this? I would assume they are discussing having it removed or drained, but I'm not sure if there are any medications they can prescribe in the meantime to help shrink the cyst.

Good luck, and keep me posted!