Neurology Community

Please Help

Heres a story.

It started (but dont know if it relates) i had a low grade fever 99-100 4-5 times a week for months. I went to countless doctors regarding my fever and malaise. My bloodwork came back good but low platlets. (excuse my spelling) then towards the end of may, suddenly my vision changed. VERY HARD TO DESCRIBE! tunnel like vision, felt like i wasnt processing what i was seeing, slow moving and very off depth perception. it was such a weird undescribable sensation in my eyes it caused me to go to the ER. Other than my vision and a low grade fever i was looking and feeling good in other areas. i had a EKG, chest x-ray, blood work, and an MRI w/ w/o contrast. Radiologist said do spinal tap. it came back i had acute menegitis. Since then my vision has not gotten better, i havent seen a doctor for a follow up. today my vision got worse today and for the past couple days a spot on my back is numb and now both sides of my face (cheeks) when touched make my upper lip tingly (numb)..

I dont know whats going on with me and my follow up apt isnt for two weeks...im at the point of wondering if ill even make it.

has anyone else experienced these symptoms. i have a gut feeling something serious is wrong with me and it seems people dont believe me because i seem healthy everywhere else.. help
Hi!
This loss of vision in the peripheral visual field can be due to optic nerve damage caused by glaucoma, high internal eye pressure, retinal detachment, occlusion of blood supply as in eye stroke, optic neuritis, and optic nerve edema. Tunnel vision is also possible after a history of head injury, concussion, brain damage and stroke. Benign intracranial hypertension is another possibility. So, yes, it is important to urgently consult a neurologist since you have also started developing neurological signs. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.