Neurology Community

Pontine Hemorrhage - possibilities of reoccurrence

Hello Experts,
Iam 43 yrs male from India, last year Nov'16 i had pontine bleed and i was hospitalised for a month, i had weekness on right side of body and had diplopia. At that time i use to smoke and had bit of work pressure when this episode happened.

After physio exercise i have regained all the movements and also double vision has almost gone.

Recently i had routine checkup with my doctor , and had CT Angio and EEG to identify the cause of this stroke. both the reports are normal and also i dont have any BP issue nor diabetes.

just wondering what could have been reason for this pontine bleed and how can it be avoided in future , as i understand bleeding in pons area is very scary.

Also i have heard the once there is hemorraghe stroke, chances of repeating is high , is true in my case also ? given that my recent CT Angio and EEG are normal and there is no AVM/Aneurysms.

Appreciate if you can share your knowledge/experience on above qui, and what precautions to take to avoid this in future.

Regards
Raj