Neurology Community
45k Members

Possible complication from LP?

I had a lumbar puncture done approximately 45 days ago and over time I've developed (in chronological order) irritation and the puncture site which felt like a deep bruise at first but now presents with discomfort when bending forward, frequent headache (which lasted for about 1-2 weeks starting 2 weeks after the procedure), cloudy or blurry vision primarily in one eye which initially presented with inflammation of the sclera also worse in that same eye, tinnitis and hearing loss which seems to affect higher frequencies more.  I'm not sure if I should just see a physician or go to the ER that performed the LP.  I suffer from Crohn's Disease as well if that's relevant at all.
Hi!
It definitely looks like a complication of LP.
It could be an infection at the LP site, arachnoiditis, benign intracranial hypertension, herniation of tonsil or spinal headaches.  Also, the infection could have cause a flare of extra-intestinal Crohn’s. Since a confirmed diagnosis cannot be given on net please consult your doctor regarding this (immediately please). Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.