Aa
A
A
A
Close
Neurology Community
45k Members

Possible stroke symptoms

I have always had eye twitches usually on the right side but for at least a month or so now I started with twitching but now it is actually to the point of I can feel it when it is going to happen and it makes my eye droop for the time that is is happening and kind of pulls my face.And I can feel a pressure behind my left eye.Today I actually was sitting in church and felt sharp little pains in my chest for about 5 minutes.The doctor put me on Ambiance a couple weeks ago to see if I was just stressed out but told me if it continued to call him.Which they have not stopped and it is happening daily at least 3-4 times.I am supposed to be getting a call tomorrow to see a neurologist.I do not feel this is normal by any means should I be concerned??.
1 Responses
209987 tn?1451939065
While it IS possible that you have been experiencing mini-strokes, I would hesitate to agree with a normal stroke.
I agree with your doctor that you are showing symptoms of anxiety due to stress.
Stress and anxiety can both cause stroke and heart attack like symptoms.
From the chest pain you described, I would say it's likely anxiety related.

I'm not saying that you aren't having mini-strokes...but you are not having major strokes. Mini-strokes pass and leave you to function with no long lasting effects...a "normal" stroke will not.

Another possibility is that something is putting pressure on a nerve...and whenever you move a certain way it could set it off.

At this point I would not be too concerned. If you stress over what it "may" be, you will only compound to any anxiety that you may be experiencing.
Let's wait to see what the neurologist has to say.

Keep us posted please.

Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452919248
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1483811956
ON
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499305393
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease