Neurology Community
45k Members

Possible stroke symptoms

I have always had eye twitches usually on the right side but for at least a month or so now I started with twitching but now it is actually to the point of I can feel it when it is going to happen and it makes my eye droop for the time that is is happening and kind of pulls my face.And I can feel a pressure behind my left eye.Today I actually was sitting in church and felt sharp little pains in my chest for about 5 minutes.The doctor put me on Ambiance a couple weeks ago to see if I was just stressed out but told me if it continued to call him.Which they have not stopped and it is happening daily at least 3-4 times.I am supposed to be getting a call tomorrow to see a neurologist.I do not feel this is normal by any means should I be concerned??.
While it IS possible that you have been experiencing mini-strokes, I would hesitate to agree with a normal stroke.
I agree with your doctor that you are showing symptoms of anxiety due to stress.
Stress and anxiety can both cause stroke and heart attack like symptoms.
From the chest pain you described, I would say it's likely anxiety related.

I'm not saying that you aren't having mini-strokes...but you are not having major strokes. Mini-strokes pass and leave you to function with no long lasting effects...a "normal" stroke will not.

Another possibility is that something is putting pressure on a nerve...and whenever you move a certain way it could set it off.

At this point I would not be too concerned. If you stress over what it "may" be, you will only compound to any anxiety that you may be experiencing.
Let's wait to see what the neurologist has to say.

Keep us posted please.