Aa
A
A
A
Close
Neurology Community
45k Members

Procedures to address foraminal stenosis

I was diagnosis with foraminial stenosis of c5-c6 area 5 years ago.  I had a series of 3 steroid injections and did physical theropy and acupunture.  The pain went away for 4 years.  It returned with a vengence about 2 months ago.  I have done some more acupunture and cyapracture with no results.  I then had another MRI which shows my condition has worsened signaficantly.   I now have severe right foraminal narrowing secondary to prominent right disc osteophyte at C5-C6, which includes a borad-based disc extrusion.  There is moderate to severe left foraminal narrowing, secondary to disc ostcophyte formation, which includes a small foraminal disc extrusion.  There is posterior disc bulging, which diffusely effaces the anterior subarachnoid spacke.

For C6-C7 there is moderat bilateral foraminial narrowing and small bilateral foraminal disc extrusions.

For C7-T1 there is right proximal foraminal disc herniation and a small left proximal foraminal disc herniation with moderate bilateral foraminal narrowing.

I had annother injection done last Friday, Jul 24th, which hasn't made any difference.  I have been taking anti-inflamatory medication also with no effects.

What are my options?  I heard of the Laser Spine Institute for minimally invastive spine surgery.  They make alot of claims about their success.  Are they legit?  It sounds too good to be true.  How about fusion?  I want to make a wise decision has I have heard horror stories about back surgery.  
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452919248
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1483811956
ON
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499305393
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease