Neurology Community
45k Members

Procedures to address foraminal stenosis

I was diagnosis with foraminial stenosis of c5-c6 area 5 years ago.  I had a series of 3 steroid injections and did physical theropy and acupunture.  The pain went away for 4 years.  It returned with a vengence about 2 months ago.  I have done some more acupunture and cyapracture with no results.  I then had another MRI which shows my condition has worsened signaficantly.   I now have severe right foraminal narrowing secondary to prominent right disc osteophyte at C5-C6, which includes a borad-based disc extrusion.  There is moderate to severe left foraminal narrowing, secondary to disc ostcophyte formation, which includes a small foraminal disc extrusion.  There is posterior disc bulging, which diffusely effaces the anterior subarachnoid spacke.

For C6-C7 there is moderat bilateral foraminial narrowing and small bilateral foraminal disc extrusions.

For C7-T1 there is right proximal foraminal disc herniation and a small left proximal foraminal disc herniation with moderate bilateral foraminal narrowing.

I had annother injection done last Friday, Jul 24th, which hasn't made any difference.  I have been taking anti-inflamatory medication also with no effects.

What are my options?  I heard of the Laser Spine Institute for minimally invastive spine surgery.  They make alot of claims about their success.  Are they legit?  It sounds too good to be true.  How about fusion?  I want to make a wise decision has I have heard horror stories about back surgery.