Neurology Community

Punctate T2/FLAIR Hyperintensities,A lacunar infarct in right cerebellum

Two days back mid night my father had got silent stroke in sleep mode due to Hypertension & after 15-20 min recovered automatically.My Father is 69 years old. MRI scan result: Few punctate T2/FLAIR Hyperintensities in bilateral fontal deep white matter suggestive of old ischemic infacts.i  CT Scan result:Age related mild voulume loss with periventricular white matter chronic small vessel ischemia."A lacunar infarct in right cerebellum"

Kindly help me in understanding the Reasons,severity,Treatments/remidies,precautions to be taken during repeatations. & any permanent sulutions for this
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Areas of diminished blood supply are reported in imaging studies. Therapy is focused on improving the blood supply. Thrombolysis is of net benefit in patients with acute ischaemic stroke, who are younger than 80 years of age and are treated within 4·5 hrs of occurrence of stroke. Plavix is given to prevent clot formation and to improve blood supply to the brain. Any systemic causes like diabetes and hypertension are adequately controlled. Please discuss this with your doctor am sure he will provide further assistance.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.