Neurology Community

Punctate foci

I just recently had an MRI due to head paresthesias and scalp tingling. The findings of the MRI states that there 2 punctate foci of high flair signal intensity in the subcortical white matter, nonspecific, and 2 other similar appearing foci of high flair signal intensity in the left frontal and left subinsular subcortical white matter. I can't get into a neurologist until 2 more weeks. Should I be concerned? I have also felt a vibration/hum in my chest/breast off and on for about 2 days. It felt like a cell phone vibrating. I also feel like an electrical charge through my body, like what you feel right before you shiver. Except, I don't feel chilled, shiver or have goose bumps. This too comes and goes. The MRI was done to rule out MS, which my doctor feels that I do not have. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Thank you for your question. Although without being able to placing your findings in context with clinical features and the results of other investigation such as hematological, MRI, I can not offer the specific advice & treatment you need. However, I will try to provide you some relevant information about your health concern.

There can be many possibilities in your case that involve the brain white matter, either exclusively or in combination with grey matter changes. These include metabolism errors, exogenous toxins released by virus, autoimmune disease, leukodystrophy, demyelination, and radiation effects. Spasticity, paraesthesia, muscle weakness, paralysis, hyper-reflexia and movement disorder may be the clinical features associated with white matter disease that need to be evaluated thoroughly. However, it is sad to say that there is no permanent cure but conservative treatment & physiotherapy exercises that would help you to regain your normal function and stopping the further progression of the disease. Please consult a neurologist in this regards. Hope this helps.