Neurology Community

Question regarding Brain

Hi everyone,
I am 21 years old now.Till 19,i was always the better at brainy works(did not get any other word),like good long term memory,good analytical,decision making capabilities,and was well known as brainy! From some 20 months,i've been not able to remember a thing properly,i forget the names easily.The long term memory like,incidents happened in past are unclear,and i am now feeling from extra-ordinary to average.I had read lately that alcohol damages brain cells! well i do have some beer once or twice in a month.I am scared.Now i am searching badly something to recover myself(brain cells!) back.Any neurology specialists must help me out.Your answer would help me at its best! Waiting eagerly for the answers.
why did such a drastic change at my brain's capability happened? Trust me,i never needed to stress myself to remember anything,and i thought it was a gift to me.Now no doubt i can do with it,but a lot of struggle to remember the things.I am scared..and at such a problem,only a doctor can give proper answer to make me feel comfortable or a proper advice to keep or get back that efficiency.And i am badly hoping that it is possible for me to become back,as i was before.Waiting for your answers..