Neurology Community

R side paralysis

My father-in-law had his craniectomy, it seemed to went well, he is recovery now. They operated on the front right side of his head.  His paralysis is on his right side so I just thought the damage from the stroke was on his left side of brain.. I have no idea.. can anyone explain the left and right side thingy... and if there is right side paralysis then what side of brain is efected and what other functions are on that side of the brain? Thanks
They did it to releive the ICP(intra cranial pressure).He was suffering from raised ICP,So to releive the tension the surgeon can choose the best suited and convienient place.No issues.Dot worry,He will recover in another 72,and be shifted to the ward.
Take care,
Goodluck.
Firstly want to thank Blessedsoulforever, Copper10, PamRam228, Cargiver222 and everyone else who gave advice, in all my posts. You have been  amazing with your advice and support. Angels sent from God. Thank you!
The operation seemed to go well, he is still in recovery but are expecting to shift him out of ICU sometime in the next 5 days. Now it seems that the long process of rehabilitation begins.
I would like to hear from anyone with advice on STROKE REHABILITATION, especially for right sided paralysis (Left-Hemisphere Stroke)...  In doing alot of reading it seems that speech is one of the things effected. I understand each stroke and stroke patients is different, but what could we expect in relation to time of recovery and how much recovery should we realistically expect? Any advice or experiences shared would be appreciated.
Thanks again