Neurology Community

RSD sufferers & the shingles vaccine

I suffer from RSD and I had a nurse tell me that it might not be a good idea for me to vaccinate myself against shingles.  She said something in the vaccination goes to the nerves???  Or something like that.  I unfortunately am unable to ask either my family or pain doctors about my condition.... they have to go look it up on the computer.  Sad.  The one specialist in my area, died.  If you know of any in the Liverpool/Syracuse NY area please let me know.   Thank you
Hi!
It is true that individuals suffering from complex pain syndromes are more sensitive to certain vaccines like shingles and flu shots. Hence, it is best to avoid these vaccines unless it is strongly indicated in your case. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.