Neurology Community

Regarding Benign Essential tremors.

Hi doctor,
PLEASE HELP ME TO SOLVE MY PROBLEM....
  Im a student and im 23yrs older.Im suffering from Benign Essential Tremors(BET).My hands are shaking uncontrollably.I have consulted a neuro specialist and he told me this and he gave me some prescriptions.He gave me Betacap-TR40(propanalol) and zicam 0.5(Clonazepam).He told me to take for 3 months and now i got used and dependent to this tablets.Now im taking this tablets for nearly 10 months.I didnt get time to go and consult him.So i seek ur advice doctor.Please do help me doctor.I have some questions to get it clear.
Are there any side effects like hairloss, stomach problems, on using these tablets continously?Are these tablets harmful to health?Are there any other remedies for BET?Do i have to quit smoking,drinking,and doing exercises in gym,because these causes much tremor?If i take these tablets for life long,in future will my children gets affects to this?Will these affect my sexual ability?Will it weaken my sexual hormones and can i satisfy my life partner? Tell me some other remedies if u know?I would like to know more about this disease,tablets,side effects and remedies.I feel depressed due to this and i cant concentrate on my studies.If i didnt take tablets for days i couldnt handle anything and i feel so....embarassed infront of others.I will b expecting for ur reply....Help me to solve this...PLZZZZZZZZ....
Hi,  I've been taking propanolol for the last 27 years for essential tremor. I take 160mgs a day. I don't take and have never taken clonazepam.  The propanolol keeps the tremor under very good control.  I have absolutely NO side effects from the propanolol.

Hope this helps.

Chirley