Aa
A
A
A
Close
Neurology Community
45k Members

Restless Leg Syndrome

I have been having sleep disorder for the past 3years. It has been worsening in the last one year or so. Browsing internet, I could figure it out as RLS. Some days I would not fall asleep at all or little sleep with a feeling of always being awake. Some other nights will start with a good sleep but would wake up after a 2/3 hrs of sleep and never sleep again. And still on some other nights I would start sleeping at 2 in the morning and wake up at 5 am. All the while turning and tossing my self to pacify my angry legs. It comes in cycles and for one or two days I also have normal sleep.

Meanwhile there were two other developments in the last one year. I have been having twitches primarily below the hip and at times even in the shoulder and upper arm region. They are not very disturbing, but I can feel and see them. They are there for a few seconds. I also have a feeling that on days I have good sleep this twitching is less pronounced. The other development is leg pain. Pain starts from the hip and extends up to ankle. Sometimes only in the thigh area, or only in the hip  or only legs. There are days when the entire body ached and felt tender. And of course there are days as well when I felt very fresh and painless. But these days are becoming rare of late.

Are all these three connected with each other. I would be happy if I can get an advise about my health condition.
I have normal appetite, with no other health complaints. I play badminton every day in the morning.

Recently I got blood chemistry and urine analysis done with every thing being normal. However my cholastral levels are a bit on the higher side(213)
1 Responses
I have PLMD, maybe that's what you have also?  my leg twitches a lot according to the sleep lab
have you found any treatments that work?  
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452919248
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1483811956
ON
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499305393
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease