Aa
A
A
A
Close
Neurology Community
45.2k Members

Scalp Tenderness

Hello, I have been suffering from what I think is called a Tender Scalp? Basically my Scalp is always in pain but mainly in the 3 key sections of the head. The 2 front corners of the forehead, The 2 corners of the crown and then the back of the neck. I have had this issue for about a year now but it just seems to be getting worse and worse. there are points where I just feel like crying. I do seem to think my hair does feel alot thinner than ususal, I have Naturally Curly hair. I have noticed that the back of my neck does have a visual difference in thinning hair. I dont have much dandruff mainly just a normal amount that anyone could have. I dont itch too often but do occasionally. It is very hard to wear my hair up at any point. The best way to say it is it feels like my hair has been up all day and I finally took it down but the thing is my hair was never up! Ive tried Organic Shampoos and Conditioners, Shampoo Bars, Baking soda and Apple Cider Vin Rinses. Getting my hair washed or styled is PURE TORTURE it is way to painful for me.  Im not sure what is next. I have a Derm Appt. booked but they cant see me for a month. Any Suggestions or Possible Causes?!
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452915648
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1483808356
ON
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease