Neurology Community

Severe back pain months after Lumbar Puncture (Spinal Tap)

Around October 2014 my fiancé had a spinal tap. He has a bad history of migraines and had one for 2 months straight. His neurologist ordered an LP (spinal tap) to try to get to the root of the problem. It came back normal. He was in intense pain. 3 days later they did a blood patch on him. After a week he could barely get around. Its been almost a year and his been having severe back pain. He never had any problems with his back before this. He is now 20 and unable to do much at all. His neurologist did an MRI and it showed nothIng. he sent him to a pain management clinic. After waiting over 6 months for the appointment they wouldn't see him. My guess is they think he just wants medication. he is unable to work because of the pain and it seems no one wants to get to be root of his problem. Doctors just tell him juts unlikely for this to be caused by the spinal tap and they don't want to do anything. Has anyone had similar problems and gotten any answers? I cant stand to see him in thus much pain anymore.
I just had a spinal tap done about 2 weeks ago. I had severe back pain, but mine was the next day. I went to a chiropractor and he said I was having muscle spasms that pulled things out of alignment. I was adjusted and I walked out of there as good as new. Maybe try a chiropractor?

I actually had a leak, too and had to have 2 blood patches. They both failed. I was on bed rest for a week until it finally closed. Those are so painful!!

Has he had an MRI? Of the brain and the spine? There's no reason he should be in that much pain! There's obviously something not right!

Rhea