Sharp Head Pains

I have extremly sharp shooting pains in one location on the top of my head. The pain last a few seconds then leaves the spot tender for a while. The sharp pain is not consistant but does last off and on for days at a time.
I have this problem too. However, I've just found I need a root canal and have had an infection. This may be a problem caused by a smoldering infection from a tooth? The infections don't always hurt around the tooth they can be deep down at the root area just causing you to feel bad.
Are there other signs or symptoms present? This could be primary stabbing headache which ususally present as short, stabbing, extremely intense headaches that strike anywhere in the head and lasts between five and 30 seconds. They are considered a primary headache because there is no underlying cause. The major problem with treatment, is that the pain is so brief and it's gone before the patient can even take medication. If it persists, it would be best to see your doctor for further evaluation and management. Take care and keep us posted.