Neurology Community
45k Members

Sharp Radiating Right Knee Pain

For about two months, I've been having sharp, burning pain in my right kneecap (radiating to the right side of the kneecap and downward about one to two inches)..  It only occurs when I kneel and is very severe at that time .   When I gently tap my kneecap, I get a mild tingling, burning sensation radiating to the right side of the kneecap and downward slightly.  However, when I press firmly on the right side of the kneecap, there is no pain.  I also walk, run, and bend the knee without experiencing any pain.  I take no pain medicine.  

Thanks in advance for your kind response.

~ Dan
I fail to mention that a recent x-ray of my knee is normal, with no evidence of arthritis.  No recent injury.

~ Dan