Neurology Community
45k Members

Side effects of neuroblastoma cancer treatable with surgery?

I was born with a neuroblastoma tumor located on the right side of my neck. It was removed at 3 months and treated with radiation. Much of my vocal chords were damaged due to aforementioned but I have nerve damage to much of the right side of my face, neck and shoulder. Some of the side effects include sweating when I eat, especially with foods like bread and pasta and my right pupil will dilate to the point where it feels like it is shrinking and it painful. Rubbing it out makes it feel a bit better and less uncomfortable. So, I'm constantly wiping my face when I eat. Only half of my face gets red when experiencing strenuous activity and my pupils are light sensitive and seems one will always dilate much larger than the other. There are other less impacting side effects, but my question is, is this treatable with surgery or are the nerves damaged for good? And what kind of insurance would cover this, is it considered a cosmetic issue?

Thank you so much!