Neurology Community
45k Members

Spacing or Zoning out

I have been having spells lately where I dont know a better term other than spacing or zoning. When I have these I can here what is going on around me but I am not present. Yesterday I had one where my hands and arms started shaking. I was at work so I was in the middle of typing and my had locked up. I couldn't move my hands or arms to stop the shaking and I don't know that I could talk. I was EXTREMELY scary. Yesterday I was dizzy on and off before it happened.There was a mild headache after yesterday and a little on and off today. Today I have not been dizzy just tired but feel like it may happen again. I do take meds for anxiety and depression. I have been on the same meds for several years now. Although I had to switch pharmacy's due to insurance and the new pills look different. I do take quite a bit of Zantac, No more than what takes care of my acid reflux. 150 mg tablets 3 in the morning 3 at night and sometimes 2 midday if it gets bad. I just got my insurance so I am still working on PCP I have my 1st appointment in July. Please any Ideas would be appreciated.

This discussion is related to Spells where I zone out .
Talk with your doctor about getting a EEG done. To me it sounds like you are having absent seizures. I have them and the way you described the symptoms and feelings is why I am saying this. Please keep in mind that I am only giving my opinion and you would have to have some test done to confirm it.