Aa
A
A
A
Close
Neurology Community
45.1k Members

Stabbing Anterior Thigh Pain

For years I have experienced an episode of stabbing mid, anterior thigh pain. It occurs at rest or with activity. It has recently increased in frequencey, and just about takes me to the ground in it's severity. What could be the cause of this? I normally have a very high pain threshold.
3 Responses
Hey, if you find anything out - please post it.  I've had a sharp pain in  my right thigh for the last couple of months.  It came out of no where.  It can be very annoying and painful
I began to have the MOST severe pain in my right thigh.  This brought me to my knees literally. It began the week before Easter. I still have it, but the pain has receded somewhat. The pain was unbearable. It felt as if I had been hit with a baseball bat across my right thigh. Even the weight of my bed sheet was as if I had phonebooks on my thigh. There was a terrific burning pain, and of course, the feeling of being hit with a bat, plus numbness and tingling. My thigh is still numb and tingling.  Can anyone even suggest what it could be?  I did go the ER, but after an hour of lying down in pain and literally crying, and being treated like a hysterical woman, I got dressed and went upstains to the Internal Medicine clinic.  Boy!!  Was I lucky or what?  The doctor there gave me a laxative.  YES, a LAXATIVE!!  On 9 May, I have an appt with my primary care doctor. Maybe I can find out, but it was up there as bad as childbirth or an burst appendix. Both  of which I have had.
no one seriously has an answer? i have the same problem and it has been keeping me from being socially active. im a 24 year old male and the pain puts fear into my eyes. i am a very active person, skiing everyday and and gym when i have time
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452915648
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1483808356
ON
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease