Neurology Community

Stabbing Anterior Thigh Pain

For years I have experienced an episode of stabbing mid, anterior thigh pain. It occurs at rest or with activity. It has recently increased in frequencey, and just about takes me to the ground in it's severity. What could be the cause of this? I normally have a very high pain threshold.
Hey, if you find anything out - please post it.  I've had a sharp pain in  my right thigh for the last couple of months.  It came out of no where.  It can be very annoying and painful
I began to have the MOST severe pain in my right thigh.  This brought me to my knees literally. It began the week before Easter. I still have it, but the pain has receded somewhat. The pain was unbearable. It felt as if I had been hit with a baseball bat across my right thigh. Even the weight of my bed sheet was as if I had phonebooks on my thigh. There was a terrific burning pain, and of course, the feeling of being hit with a bat, plus numbness and tingling. My thigh is still numb and tingling.  Can anyone even suggest what it could be?  I did go the ER, but after an hour of lying down in pain and literally crying, and being treated like a hysterical woman, I got dressed and went upstains to the Internal Medicine clinic.  Boy!!  Was I lucky or what?  The doctor there gave me a laxative.  YES, a LAXATIVE!!  On 9 May, I have an appt with my primary care doctor. Maybe I can find out, but it was up there as bad as childbirth or an burst appendix. Both  of which I have had.
no one seriously has an answer? i have the same problem and it has been keeping me from being socially active. im a 24 year old male and the pain puts fear into my eyes. i am a very active person, skiing everyday and and gym when i have time