Neurology Community

Strange Neurological Symptoms

For the past 3-4 weeks I have had progressively worsening symptoms that are beginning to freak me out. It started as just episodes of confusion, "mental fog," joint pain, and slight nausea. I thought it might have been a blood sugar thing, but my pcp ruled that out.

Now, I am having symptoms all the time. The aching pains are specifically on the right side of my body, as well as tingling sensations (and my skin, on the right side, is sensitive to touch). I am pretty frequently confused/disoriented, and it is difficult to find words. I am having severe teeth and facial pain on just the RIGHT SIDE of my body, along with tinnitus. Also, I see flashing lights (like with migraines) relatively often. My pcp thinks it's all in my head (anxiety), but there is no way all this is psychological.

I am going to make an appointment with a neurologist tomorrow, but I wanted to know if this really could be just anxiety.
Please let us know what it is!
Sounds like it could be a serious infection....inner ear perhaps...or from a tooth gone bad. Yes, a tooth infection can wreak havoc on all sorts of body parts...and the pain isn't always in the tooth where you would expect it should be.
It's also possible that it's anxiety, as anxiety can and does cause all sorts of symptoms...that's why so many doctors will just write out a prescription for anti-anxiety pills the minute you walk into their office.
Regardless, ask for testing!