Aa
A
A
A
Close
Neurology Community
45k Members

Stress,Depression and Pain Releif Alternatives

Has anyone out there tried these alternative methods for treating behavioural health,neuro-pain?

amino acid therapy,or nutritional therapy.  also  aromatherapy and massage therapy/reiki.

I have,and have good results with them. They are used alone or with conventional medications/treatment plans,to alleviate things like neurotransmitter imbalances,depression,and anxeity.It has also been used for sleep disorders,fibromyalgia,and neuropathy.it also alleveates stress,wich effects mental and physical health.

i have post traumatic stress disorder,and the anxeity that accompanies it.i have been on all manner of behavioural medications,i am not on anything right now,and havent been for about a year.i am not endorsing getting off of your medications,but for those wich need more support when the meds are non-effective or minnamally so,this may be a good reaserch/option.

i also have a  traumatic brain injury.it happened as an 11yr old child,left me in a breif coma.i am now 30yrs oldthese methods support my nervous system,so my migraines are less frequent,and eases my fibromyalgia.I am now working and going to further my schooling,dreams i never thought i would ever reach.
i am not saying it ''cured'' anything,however it helped ease my symptoms.i am now more functionally stable than i was  in my prior years...i dont know if anyone here knows these therapies are an option to assist with the symptoms of behavioural/neurologic disease.my brain was not made whole again.it never will.its NOT a CURE. it just makes life more bareable.

i know it has improved my outlook on life.i also know that each person responds differantly.i hope this helps some of you.
thanks for your time and have a wonderful day!
Steph

This discussion is related to Brain Damage from Psychiatric Meds?.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452919248
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1483811956
ON
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499305393
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease