Neurology Community
45k Members

Stress,Depression and Pain Releif Alternatives

Has anyone out there tried these alternative methods for treating behavioural health,neuro-pain?

amino acid therapy,or nutritional therapy.  also  aromatherapy and massage therapy/reiki.

I have,and have good results with them. They are used alone or with conventional medications/treatment plans,to alleviate things like neurotransmitter imbalances,depression,and anxeity.It has also been used for sleep disorders,fibromyalgia,and neuropathy.it also alleveates stress,wich effects mental and physical health.

i have post traumatic stress disorder,and the anxeity that accompanies it.i have been on all manner of behavioural medications,i am not on anything right now,and havent been for about a year.i am not endorsing getting off of your medications,but for those wich need more support when the meds are non-effective or minnamally so,this may be a good reaserch/option.

i also have a  traumatic brain injury.it happened as an 11yr old child,left me in a breif coma.i am now 30yrs oldthese methods support my nervous system,so my migraines are less frequent,and eases my fibromyalgia.I am now working and going to further my schooling,dreams i never thought i would ever reach.
i am not saying it ''cured'' anything,however it helped ease my symptoms.i am now more functionally stable than i was  in my prior years...i dont know if anyone here knows these therapies are an option to assist with the symptoms of behavioural/neurologic disease.my brain was not made whole again.it never will.its NOT a CURE. it just makes life more bareable.

i know it has improved my outlook on life.i also know that each person responds differantly.i hope this helps some of you.
thanks for your time and have a wonderful day!
Steph

This discussion is related to Brain Damage from Psychiatric Meds?.