Neurology Community
45k Members

Stroke

My Dad had been suffering from Brain hamorrage on left side and right side completely paralysis.He had recovering day by day by physiotherapy daily unfortunately he couldn't speek but he has voice. He had been consulted by Speech therapist Doctor.Why he couldn't speek yet even he had stroke since one year ago? Is there any treatment so that he can speek like before?

Thanks for writing in.
It is very difficult to tell if he will be able to recover completely or not. There is no way of finding out for sure. Please continue with speech therapy. Hopefully he will respond to it. It requires patience and perseverance. Please be optimistic and do not give up.
Good luck!

Thanks for answering for me. I heard that CVA people will be cpmpletely cure by accupucture (chinese therapy). Is it possible?

I am not aware if acupuncture can cure CVA completely or not. However alternate therapies like acupressure and acupuncture have been known to benefit patients with stroke. There is a recent study which suggests that acupuncture can speed up recovery in patients with stroke.
http://www.acupuncturetoday.com/archives2005/apr/04strokes.html
It is worth a try. Good luck!