Neurology Community
45k Members

Swollen Optic Nerve ?

I haven't posted a question on here before but really need some advice.
I went for my routine appointment to have my eye test last month and my optician noticed that I was having problems with my vision in the top of my left eye and referred me to the eye hospital.
I had noticed any problems with my vision/
I had my appointment at the eye hospital today and they have said that my optic nerve is swollen and the margin around where the optic nerve connects to my eye is blurred.
He said that swollen optic nerves are caused by increased pressure in the fluid around the brain.
I am concerned as I was attacked 6 months ago and was kicked in my head and I am wondering if this could be connected.
I have now been referred to have a brain scan and to see a specialist.

What caused this and what can happen next ?