T3 major trauma, T4, T5 , moderate injury after medication allergy related seizure

Hello and thank you for reviewing this in advance. Approximately one year ago, my husband was put on tramadol after fracturing his hand.  He had a grand-mal seizure that his neurologist attributed to the tramadol allergy. During the seizure, he fractured T3 (severe) T4-T5 moderate compression. His prognosis was good and he returned to reduced normal activity (with pain). He's now on Oxycodene, Methocarbamol, Ibuprophen and recently diagnosed with OSA.
He appears to be in increased pain (after the introduction of Depakote) from a secondary physician and appears with extremely limited mobility. He is now sleeping 15-18 hours a day and in increased pain he presents as severe.. His Neurologist felt initially he would recover and didn't discuss surgery. Are there options he could discuss for alternative medications? Is surgery the only option he could explore due to the effects the medication appear to be having? Is the Depakote a contraindication with any of the previously mentioned medications?
He now states he is in more severe pain than when he was initially released from hospitalization and has had no injury since. His MRI shows improvement.  The sleep disorders appear to be Central now. His sleepiness is severe. He can only lie on his left side in comfort and is limited to very limited activity. They did discover slight Osteoporosis  during the initial examination post-seizure. He's now also trembling when trying to write or use his hands.
  I can journal you a complete history, examination results and recent exam notes. If you could review them, I would be greatly appreciative. My husband is a disabled US Marine.
  Thank you.
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
Dear Vet Marine Wife,
I think your husband needs to change his medicines.  I have sent you a personal message, you can pick it up at "My Med Help," which the icon is at the very top of this page.
GG