Neurology Community
45k Members

TMJ OR SMALL STROKE

FOR A FEW DAYS NOW IVE BEEN EXPERIENCING NUMBNESS IN MY TOUNGE AND A MIGRAINE THEN A DAY LATER I CANT MOVE MY LIPS LIKE I INJECTED THEM WITH BOTOX NOW MY JAW STARTS TO TIGHTEN  AND NOW I CANT MOVE MY FACE I WENT TO THE DOCTOR I TOLD HIM I MIGHT HAVE TMJ AND HE DIAGNOISE ME WITH IT THEY TOOK XRAYS TO SEE IF EVERYTHING  IS NORMAL THE MEDS HE PRESCRIBE FOR ME WAS A MUSCLE RELAXER AND A ANTI INFLATION DRUG  BUT THEN I REALIZE A FEW WEEKS AGO I SCRATED MY FINGER ON A OLD NAIL WHAT DOES THE SIGNS LOOK LIKE
Hello.

These symptoms look more like peripheral neuropathy. Have you been assessed for these symptoms by a Neurologist ?

If you could not feel the pain due to the nail, it means there is numbness on the fingers. Have you checked for Diabetes ? And I would recommend a complete neurological examination at the hands of a Neurologist.

Regards