Temporal lobe resection

My husband, 31, was diagnosed with a ganglioglioma in February 2012. He had a left temporal lobe craniotomy performed in March 2012. Since the surgery he has been suffering from severe depression, anxiety, and memory loss.  When he was 16 he was diagnosed with an astrocytoma in the same region. The craniotomy was performed with complete success. Why is he having such a hard time this time? Will this go away with time? Is it normal?

He currently is taking Keppra, Celexa, Remeron, Wellbutrin, and Xanax daily. We are seeing a psychiatrist and psychologist, no one can give me an answer on prognosis.  He is currently on disability, but it is under review as to if it is a physical disability, due to the tumor, or mental disability. If its declared mental we only receive 12 months of coverage.  Please help! Thanks so much!

This discussion is related to Long term effects of temporal lobe craniotomy for ganglioglioma.