Aa
A
A
A
Close
Neurology Community
44.9k Members

Tension along whole arm

As a result of over training, I managed to get tendinitis in my rotator cuff and long headed bicep tendon about 9 months ago.
I gave it 3 months to heal, iced it, took an anti inflammatory etc. and started exercising again. I quickly tried to go back to the weight I used to lift and it got re-injured.. I rested, let it recover and then went to the gym and eventually injured it again.. this happened about 4 times (I know I'm an idiot). Through this process, my whole arm has become extremely tense. If I stretch my arms out as if to do flys, I feel the tension from my shoulder all the way down to my index finger. This becomes more pronounced if I push my shoulders down while in fly position.

I haven't been to the gym in 4 months and it's not improving. My physiotherapist says my tendinitis is gone but doesn't seem to know what to do about this tension. After trying many things and failing, he tells me its mechanical (i.e. linked to bad posture). But I have been fixing my posture for the last 2 months, and have made big progress, but my arm is just as tense as ever.

Does anyone know what this could be and what the treatment is? I really wanna start lifting again but I can't do that so long as I have this issue.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452919248
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1483811956
ON
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499305393
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease