Neurology Community

Tension along whole arm

As a result of over training, I managed to get tendinitis in my rotator cuff and long headed bicep tendon about 9 months ago.
I gave it 3 months to heal, iced it, took an anti inflammatory etc. and started exercising again. I quickly tried to go back to the weight I used to lift and it got re-injured.. I rested, let it recover and then went to the gym and eventually injured it again.. this happened about 4 times (I know I'm an idiot). Through this process, my whole arm has become extremely tense. If I stretch my arms out as if to do flys, I feel the tension from my shoulder all the way down to my index finger. This becomes more pronounced if I push my shoulders down while in fly position.

I haven't been to the gym in 4 months and it's not improving. My physiotherapist says my tendinitis is gone but doesn't seem to know what to do about this tension. After trying many things and failing, he tells me its mechanical (i.e. linked to bad posture). But I have been fixing my posture for the last 2 months, and have made big progress, but my arm is just as tense as ever.

Does anyone know what this could be and what the treatment is? I really wanna start lifting again but I can't do that so long as I have this issue.