A
A
A
Close
Neurology Community
45.1k Members

Thoracic Pain - MRI Results

Greetings,

I've been suffering from mid-back pain for over 2 years now. After much pushing, my neurologist requested an MRI of my thoracic spine. The results showed that, besides for some minor bulging disks in my L-Spine, everything else was "fairly normal for a person in the military". However, there was a distinct black line running through my spine. The doctor requested a 2nd imaging to be done, and stated that either it was nothing at all, or it was a blood vessel engorged with blood that is causing pressure against my spine.

Would anyone be able to tell me if this sounds accurate? If so, do you know what the name of this specific problem is?

I have become a bit skeptical, since throughout the past two years I've been diagnosed with completely different issues (kidney stones, spinal degeneration, and now - this) and nothing has been done except filling me up with narcotics and anti-seizure medicines such as neurontin and lyrica.

Thanks
1 Responses
1093617 tn?1279305602
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Thank you for your question. Although without being able to examine you I can not offer you the specific advice on diagnosis and treatment that you need, but I would try to provide you some relevant information about your health concern.

From the symptoms you are describing it can be due to spinal disc problems disc prolapse, disc degeneration or any other spinal deformity leading to leg/thigh pain, numbness, reduce muscle strength and bowel/urine incontinence. Further referral to a physiotherapist for spinal exercises, use of back braces, surgical intervention (such as diskectomy, laminectomy), steroid injection in back and pain killers could be beneficial and may produce relief of symptoms. Hope this helps.
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452919248
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1483811956
ON
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499305393
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease