A
A
A
Close
Neurology Community
45.3k Members

Tremors, joint pains, drooling

Hi,
I've just turned 37 and at the beginning of this year noticed my hand was shaking, just a little bit and didn't think much about it.  Four months ago I stopped smoking on the request of my kids, after doing this I started to notice I was drooling or had a little excess saliva in my mouth.  Now my hand tremors have got a lot worse and I'm shaking a lot more through my body, my legs shake and it feels like I'm shaking to the core, when I smile my face begins to shake too.  I've been to see my local doctor and they told me that it sounds like Parkinson's disease, so as you can imagine I've been doing a lot of reading online, this is my point, when my hands rest on my lap, they don't shake, when I pick something up like coffee or a spoon they shake like crazy, when I get emotional or stressed I shake a lot more.  Also I am working as a professional diver, scuba diving everyday for the last 10years, I've had decompression sickness and Hyperbaric treatment 4 times and I'm wondering if this could be the cause, maybe some nerve damage.  I would just like to hear other peoples thought as I'm currently battling depression and feeling lost.  Thank you in advance.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452915648
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1483808356
ON
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease