Neurology Community
45k Members

Vertebral Haemangiomas

I was involved in a Quad Bike accident two and a half years ago and suffered with problems ever since.

Firstly I have been getting a heaviness that comes across my whole  body and spasms that affected the rignt side of my body including arms and legs. It was found I had damaged my c3/c4 vertebrates and this could be irritating my spinal cord and causing these problems. I have been placed on the drug Pregabalin which I have now been on for over a year and a half to counteract these symptoms.

I also have been getting very bad back pain and been having physiotherapy for this. I kept getting problems in the same area in the lower thoracic area so she suggested I get an MRI scan done.

My doctor has said that the results were fine. However I got a copy of the MRI scan and it says there 'is presence of several small scattered vertebral haemangiomas'.

Having done some research online it appears these vertebral haemangiomas can be linked with neaurological problems.

Should I be pushing this further as I am not sure what these are and what it means?

It appears from my research that these are benign tumors but again I don't know what this means. Will they get become a problem and should I pursue to find out more?!!

Anyone who can shed some light would be greatly appreciated