Neurology Community

Vertigo/head pains

I am now 56 and 15 years ago during a routine CATscan the doctors found an arachnoid cyst inabove my left temporal lobe . Recently I have been experiening dizzy spells and vertigo which is worse when lying down or when I move my ehad. I have also been having bad headaches with what can only be described as stabbing pains in thetop of my head and a strange frontal headache. I have been to my GP who says its just unrelated vertigo. I am so worried I don;t know what to do. Please help.
Hello Dear,
Although most of the patients are asymptomatic, symptoms of an arachnoid cyst around the brain include headache, nausea and vomiting, seizures, hearing and visual disturbances, vertigo, and difficulties with balance and walking.
You should consult a neurologist and again go in for a MRI to know the present pathology.
Best