Neurology Community

Vibration In Left Leg

I have a "vibration" in my left leg.  I think it started a year or so ago.  I 1st thought my cell phone was on vibrate but would check with no calls.  Last Sunday in church as I sat their I realized it was my leg vibrating on a regular pattern. 1 second of vibration followed by 2 second pause.  In the last week It now vibrates and pauses incessantly.  I've tried propping it up, sitting on it, standing but it doesn't matter.  It's no better or worse at night.  It is not a "tingle".  It is defintely a vibration.

I don't think any of this matters but I travel by vehicle about 35,000 mi per month.  Social drinker.  In the last week have had a lot of stress at work.
The most common cause of leg vibrations is Syringomyelia. It is a condition in which there is cyst formation on the spinal cord leading to weakness, numbness and strange sensations in the extremities. Other causes could be Anxiety and Restless leg syndrome. Please go for MRI of the spine and consult a neurologist for diagnosis and treatment. Hope this helps you. Take care and regards!