Neurology Community

Vibration and buzzing in one ear

Hi guys
in my right ear I have a constant vibration and buzzing sound of the--inner ear? eardrum?

Strangely, it only comes to me when it's relatively silent. It's almost as if the smallest external stimuli--like the refrigerator coming on--gives that area something to do, and the spasms stop. gowever can still hear it if I play any kind of noise on my phone or laptop (maybe because it's on a different frequency?)

My ear also feels clogged/tender but again only my right ear.

I've had this for about a week and I'm also under massive pressure and stress at the moment and have been for quite a while.

If anyone has any idea what this maybe I would be very grateful! It's driving me crazy!
It may well be that your ear is clogged with wax!  You should schedule an appt with your PCP to check your ears and see if that is the problem.  If it is the issue, there is an over the counter solution that can help soften that hard wax, for easier removal, called Debrox (I'm sure there are generic versions of it as well).  You use that at bedtime for 3 night successively and then the wax becomes easier to remove.  Typically, if you have a hand held detachable shower nozzle, you can remove this wax yourself, instead of having ear lavage done at your MDs office.  Just hold the lobe of the ear to open it up and hold the shower head at the ear for several minutes and see what flushes out.  You'd be amazed at the size of cerumen (earwax) clogs that have been removed from ears.  There are several for free viewing on you tube.