Neurology Community
45k Members

Vyvanse

My husband has been put on the drug Vyvanse for ADHD.  My concern is that not many Dr's that I know or pharmacist have heard of this drug.  And with the symptoms and all that he has have lead to Chiari 1 malformation.  I would like to know what this drug is really meant for and what are the side affects and does this drug have any affect on someone with Chiaris 1 malformation.  The Dr's also say that he can go off it cold turkey.  but after some research it says not to it could be dangerous as well as it affects the central nervous system and the cervical spine.  If you have not heard of this drug it is the drug of choice instead of adderall.

Thank you
Vyvanse is a type of amphetamine.
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome when using Vyvanse:
Constipation; decreased appetite; diarrhea; dizziness; dry mouth; headache; increased sweating; mild irritability, nervousness, or restlessness; nausea; trouble sleeping; unpleasant taste; upper stomach pain; vomiting; weight loss.

Seek medical attention right away if any  SEVERE side effects occur when using Vyvanse.
Take care!